History – BSMU
In the early 30-ies in Bashkortostan arose a great need for medical personnel: rampant, such social diseases as tuberculosis, trachoma, registered annually malaria, sexually transmitted diseases, high infant mortality rates were, with the doctors there were only 484, but for people who do not speak Russian, only 9 doctors, Bashkir and 34 – the Tatars. Management has repeatedly petitioned the Russian authorities about the need to open in Ufa medical institution, and such permission was granted in early 1932, but an official date is November 15, that is the beginning of classes. But before this great work was done to repair and adaptation of buildings, acquisition of furniture, textbooks, laboratory equipment, the selection of youth in the areas of the republic, to create a teaching staff. The organizing committee included representatives from the People\’s Commissariat BASSR VF Musikhin, VM Romankevich and II Gellerman.
The first director of physician SM. Trainin, possessing organizational talent, kindness and sensitivity to people in 1937 was arrested and exiled to Magadan, but fortunately survived and even came on the 30 th anniversary of the first issue of doctors who revered him as a highly intelligent leader. Among the main organizers of the Institute should certainly be called the name of VM Romankevich creator of the three departments, knowledgeable and cultural educator, a distinguished physician of Bashkortostan, who later became chief surgeon of the republic. Among the first teachers were also SZ Lookmanov, A.S. Davletov, IS KORDA, Z. Ikhsanov, B.I. Gribanov, MA Abdulmenev, GN Teregulov – Assistant Director of Studies.
The first years, of course, were the most difficult, because the count was zero. Department were created, mastered clinical database made available on the job premises were repaired with the active participation of staff and students. In 1936 it completed construction of dormitories for 600 people, began the construction of new school building on Lenin Street. By 1938, formed by 32 departments, which was led by 9 professors and 23 associate professors.
In 1940 worked as director of AV Chubukov. At that time, more widespread gains scientific activity. ¬ collections of Cracow whether scientists of the Institute, defended his doctoral and master\’s theses. Among the first doctors were very well-known later Professor IG Kadyrov, and GN Teregulov.
By the beginning of 1941 completed the construction of biofiziologicheskogo housing, improvement of campus, has improved equipment of the institute of special equipment and equipment for educational and scientific activities.
In February 1941 became director of the Institute GA Pundik, who concurrently headed the Department of phase kultetskoy therapy. During the Great Patriotic War, when many went to the front, he managed to focus the team on the development of topical issues related to war trauma, the results were immediately introduced in numerous hospitals throughout the Bashkirian. Just over three years of his work 10 persons defended their doctoral and 9 – Ph.D. thesis. In 1943 he was awarded the Badge of Honor \”. Among the first aspirantok that period was now a famous professor DN Lazarev, who remembers the rector with great respect and as a democratic leader who was close with the students and in the lumber and subbotniks, and as a brilliant doctor.
In Ufa were evacuated Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, headed by President AA Bogomoletz, a number of scientific institutions of Belarus, from Moscow, and, of course, the activities of the well-known scholars as academicians NA Se ¬ Mashkov, AV Pollalin, ND Strazhesko, VH Vasilenko, PE Lukomski, a beneficial influence on the formation of scientific personnel BMI.
In 1944 the institute was granted the right to graduate and receive the protection work for the degree of candidate of medical sciences. During the war years went 5-6 volumes of scientific papers, published 4 monographs and scientific conferences. When the consumption of grain wintered in the country outbreak of septic sore throat, from which wiped out whole villages, Professor EM Gubarev ST. Michael, Assistant Professor, VA Smirnov have adopted methods of diagnosis and treatment, which reduced the duration of treatment and reduce mortality from this disease.
In the hospitals of Bashkortostan treated 249 805 wounded and sick, chief specialist hospital department work of Professor GV Alipov, A. Pomentsev, GN Teregulov, IG Kadyrov, and served as chief physicians of Professor NI Savchenko, IF Sluchevsky, AM Agaronov, AI Kartamyshev. Many scientists of the Institute were awarded for their fruitful work during the war, high government awards. During the war years were trained 905 physicians, and fought more than a thousand graduates of the institute, of which 63 people were killed.
From 1947 to 1951 headed the BMI AA Ivanov, which strengthened the material base of the Institute, has been an extensive repair work of educational buildings, dormitories. Due to serious illness, he left his post, and in 1965 direktorstvoval NF Vorobiev, combining this complex work with the management department of nervous diseases. The emphasis is on communication of scientific works with the needs of medical practices Bashkortostan (tick-borne encephalitis, epidemic goiter, infectious diseases, the complete elimination of trachoma and others). To her the 35 th anniversary, in 1957 the institute has prepared a 4082 physician reserved 32 doctoral and 100 master\’s dis ¬ sertatsy. Many works are devoted to the impact of oil production ¬ properties of health workers, the study of recreation and natural re ¬ es, kumysolecheniyu, which served as justification for the investment of material resources in equipment at the resorts in Yangantau and Krasnousolsk needed hospitals.
Since 1946 the institute took shape Scientific Student Society (SSS), the first 10 years, led by Professor V. Zhuhin. Students involved in serious scientific research of scientists of the Institute, is actively developing a medical practice, since the postwar years, clinical faculty have increasingly become the organizational-methodological and therapeutic counseling centers and for practicing physicians and the public.
Important in the life of the institute was the period from 1957 to 1982, when the Ministry of Health together with BMI launched a series of successful actions to protect and improve public health. In 1962 he completed the elimination of trachoma, research conducted under the supervision of Professor GH Kudoyarova. Specific proposals to prevent a number of occupational diseases.
From 1965 to 1973, the Institute directed by Professor Z. Ikhsanov. During this period of participation departures scientists klitsinistov the republic, for research attracted a lot of practicing physicians, only then was protected by 25 Ph.D. and 150 master\’s theses.
Order of the Minister of Health of the RSFSR of 13.11.70, the Institute falls into the category universities first category and received the right to award the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences.
From 1973 to 1982, rector of the institute worked Y. Pilots. In the learning process included programming. Built by the Council on scientific organization of educational process, the institute is entitled to publish educational materials. Open Institute of Advanced Medical, which hosted the 1976 and 1982 trained 2,170 doctors.
From 1982 to 1988, the Institute directed by Professor VG Sahautdinov. At this time constructed 2 dormitories for 1100 seats, re-biological body, a large amount of pa ¬ bot is made for the construction of a stationary sportlagerya, organized sanatorium. In 1988-1994. Rector was FH Kamilov. Continued development of quality forms of training, conducted significant research problems Maternity, child health, occupational health and environmental protection. Between 1986 and 1990, prepared by 4086 physicians are enrolled in advanced training of 3384 doctors, defended 37 doctoral and 183 master\’s theses.
In 1994, the institute was headed by Professor Wil Mamilovich Timerbulatov. It was his coming to power can be linked so much to the fact that in 1995, BMI has become a university, and it meant a fundamental shift to a new level of development of medical school.
There is desirable to note a few points related to the career of the current president, in order to understand why his leadership institute was able to make a big leap forward.
Ville Mamilovich, born in 1952, that is still very young, full of energy scientist, managed during his 50 years very much. After BGMI in 1975, worked in Blah ¬ goveschenskoy CRH since 1979 – in BMI, where in 1988 he began to head the Department of Surgery HFCs. Simultaneously, in the years 1991-1994 – the chief surgeon MH RB. His scientific works are devoted to studying the problems of abdominal surgery, wound infection ¬ tion. He has developed and put into practice methods of endo-scopic surgery. Since 1993, VM Timerbulatov leads Republican endoscopic center, since 1991 president of the Association of Surgeons of the republic, in 1990 -1999 years – deputy of State Assembly of Belarus. The number of his scientific papers is enormous – 470, including 17 monographs, 2 manual for surgeons, 40 patents and inventor\’s certificates. Under the guidance of Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Timerbulatova defended 16 doctoral and 35 master\’s theses. He was given the title of Honorary Doctor RB, inventor of the USSR, academician of Natural Sciences, honored scientist of Russia.